- 1 cup medjool dates* pitted. *If using dried dates instead of medjool, soak dates in boiling water for 10 minutes to soften, then drain.
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- pinch salt
- 250 ml canned coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Extra chopped macadamias to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 175°C.
- Using a high speed blender or food processor blend dates, coconut oil, almond meal, eggs and vanilla to combine.
- Add wet mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir through almond meal, coconut sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine well.
- Stir through macadamias
- Spoon into a lined muffin try or loaf tin depending if you want individual puddings or one large.
- Bake in oven for 30-35 mins (for individual) or 35-40 minutes for one large, or until cooked through.
- In a saucepan heat coconut cream.
- Add coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt and whisk to combine. Continue whisking over medium heat until coconut sugar dissolves and sauce thickens to liking (it will thicken further once cool).
- Serve pudding with warmed caramel sauce and additional chopped macadamias.