Spice your night up with this authentic prawn and macadamia curry.
- 150 ml macadamia oil
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp fennel seeds toasted and finely ground
- 1/4 tsp turmeric ground
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 6 green onions (shallots) finely sliced
- 2 red chillies finely sliced
- 400 g tinned tomatoes
- 150 ml fish stock
- 16 green prawns peeled, tails left intact
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted macadamias roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves roughly chopped
- basmati rice to serve
- plain yoghurt to serve
Heat the macadamia oil in a large wok. Add the spices and cook for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the ginger, garlic, green onions and red chillies. Cook stirring for 1-2 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further few minutes.
Pour in the fish stock and simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced and thickened. Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes or until prawns have turned a deeper orange. Stir in the coriander leaves, reserving some for garnish. Serve with basmati rice and plain yoghurt.
Calories: 530kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 9gFat: 51gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 39gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 770mgPotassium: 537mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 590IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 3mg