Unleash your inner kid with this super fun colourful creation! The fun finishing touch on this crazy cake is the glittery macadamias, that bring sparkle, shine and nutritional goodness. Adding macadamias and macadamia oil to the cake itself makes it deliciously moist with a lovely crunch.
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 170 g butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 1 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup macadamias finely chopped
- 250 g butter at room temperature
- 250 g copha vegetable shortening – at room temperature
- 6 cups icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 5 different food colourings of your choice
- 10 macadamias
- 1 egg white lightly whisked
- Edible glitter
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 25cm x 40cm cake tray. Sift together the plain flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the butter, macadamia oil and caster sugar to the bowl and beat with electric beaters until pale. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Alternately add the milk and macadamias to the flour mixture, stirring to combine. Pour into the prepared tin and bake for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through when tested with a skewer. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the butter and copha in a large bowl and beat, using electric beaters, until completely pale. Stir in the icing sugar, a cup at a time, until smooth. Divide the mixture by 5 and add a drop of food colouring, or more, to each to achieve your desired colours.
- Roll the top of each macadamia in eggwhite. Sprinkle a small amount of glitter onto each nut and allow to set for 10 minutes.To decorate, put each icing colour into a piping bag fitted with a decorative tip. Be as adventurous as you like piping colours onto the cooled cake, being careful to pipe using just enough icing to cover the entire cake. Arrange the glittered macadamias over the icing.
Calories: 8924kcalCarbohydrates: 1281gProtein: 82gFat: 404gSaturated Fat: 94gPolyunsaturated Fat: 83gMonounsaturated Fat: 203gTrans Fat: 33gCholesterol: 725mgSodium: 3106mgPotassium: 1794mgFiber: 14gSugar: 1042gVitamin A: 2039IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 1568mgIron: 21mg