This hotpot is great for both everyday meals and impressing dinner guests.
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets fat trimmed, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups long-grain rice rinsed, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 Chinese-style sausages Lup Chong, thinly sliced
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms soaked for 30 minutes or until softened
- 4 cm knob ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli finely sliced
- 3/4 cup macadamias roasted, finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- Soak a clay pot in water for 24 hours before using.
- Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken, mixing well. Set aside.
- Put the rice in the clay pot with the chicken stock, cover and cook over low heat with a heat diffuser for about 20 minutes.
- Spread the chicken with the marinade, sausages, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chilli and macadamias on top of the rice. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and fold everything through the rice, sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Calories: 1170kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 45gFat: 67gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 1641mgPotassium: 938mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 378IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 4mg