This hotpot is great for both everyday meals and impressing dinner guests.
- 2 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets fat trimmed, cut into small cubes
- 2 cups long-grain rice rinsed, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 3 Chinese-style sausages Lup Chong, thinly sliced
- 6 dried shitake mushrooms soaked for 30 minutes or until softened
- 4 cm knob ginger finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 1 large red chilli finely sliced
- 3/4 cup macadamias roasted, finely chopped
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
Soak a clay pot in water for 24 hours before using.
Combine all the marinade ingredients and pour over the chicken, mixing well. Set aside.
Put the rice in the clay pot with the chicken stock, cover and cook over low heat with a heat diffuser for about 20 minutes.
Spread the chicken with the marinade, sausages, mushrooms, ginger, garlic, chilli and macadamias on top of the rice. Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and fold everything through the rice, sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Calories: 1170kcalCarbohydrates: 95gProtein: 45gFat: 67gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 38gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 1641mgPotassium: 938mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 378IUVitamin C: 21mgCalcium: 91mgIron: 4mg