- 6 egg yolks
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Marsala wine
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 250 ml single cream
- 2 cups strongly brewed coffee cooled
- 1 large packet sponge finger biscuits (savoiardi) about 19 fingers
- Dutch cocoa for dusting
- 1/2 cup macadamias roasted, roughly chopped
- 2 punnets raspberries
- Dark chocolate flaked
- Chocolate coated macadamias* for topping
- For the zabaglione, whisk the egg yolks, sugar and ½ cup of the Marsala wine in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water for about 8 to 10 minutes, until the mixture has doubled in size. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In another bowl, whisk the mascarpone and cream until soft peaks form. Fold through the cooled zabaglione and combine well. Set aside.
- In a jug, combine the coffee and remaining Marsala and mix well. Cut the sponge fingers to fit your glasses or bowl, dip them in the coffee mixture for 10 seconds and place in the bases of 8 individual 250ml glasses or a 2-litre glass bowl. Dust with cocoa, sprinkle with a tablespoon of macadamias, 2 tablespoons of zabaglione and a tablespoon of raspberries. Repeat with another layer, cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with raspberries, chocolate flakes and chocolate coated macadamias.