This flavoursome dish is the perfect everyday, healthy meal for busy families.
- 700 g skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup shaoxing wine Chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 brown onions finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 6 cm piece ginger grated
- 2 red chillies sliced
- 400 g mixed mushrooms such as shiitake, oyster and Swiss brown, sliced
- 1/4 cup salted roasted macadamias
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 250 g cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 green shallots finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch Vietnamese mint
- steamed rice to serve
- Put chicken, cornflour and wine in a large bowl and stir to combine. Place into the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large wok over a high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the chicken for 2-3 minutes or until meat is browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with oil and remaining chicken, reheating the wok in between batches. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in the wok and add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Return chicken to wok and stir in macadamias, soy and lime juice and cook until sauce is thickened, then stir in tomatoes, shallots and mint. Serve with rice.
Calories: 511kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 40gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 988mgPotassium: 1074mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 556IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 3mg