1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
2. In a blender or food processor, puree cooked and cooled beetroot with macadamia nut oil and maple syrup.
3. In a mixing bowl whisk eggs really well. Pour in beetroot batter and combine.
4. Add cacao powder, coconut flour, vanilla and baking powder and combine well.
5. Fold through macadamia nuts.
6. Spoon batter into a greased cupcake tray.
7. Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until cooked through. Allow to cool.
8. Meanwhile, prepare frosting.
9. Take coconut milk out of fridge. Do not shake! Scoop out the coconut cream solids that have risen to the top. (Keep the liquid for another use such as smoothies).
10. In a medium mixing bowl use electric beaters to whip coconut cream solids with maple syrup until thickened.
11.Stir through macadamia nut butter and cacao powder. Combine well. Transfer to fridge for 20-30 minutes to thicken.
12. Once cupcakes are cooled, spoon frosting into a piping bag and ice cupcakes (or spread with a knife). Top with a macadamia nut on each.
13. Store in refrigerator.
*You can purchase pre-cooked beetroot in the produce section of your supermarket or fruit shops.
*Purchase macadamia nut butter from health food stores, whole food stores or the health food section of your supermarket. You can also make your own macadamia nut butter by blending raw macadamia nuts in a high speed blender or food processor until it makes a paste.
*Or use a good quality vanilla extract.