Chicken, mushroom and macadamia stir-fry
This flavoursome dish is the perfect everyday, healthy meal for busy families.
- 700 g skinless chicken thigh fillets cut into strips
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1/4 cup shaoxing wine Chinese cooking wine
- 1/4 cup macadamia oil
- 2 brown onions finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 6 cm piece ginger grated
- 2 red chillies sliced
- 400 g mixed mushrooms such as shiitake, oyster and Swiss brown, sliced
- 1/4 cup salted roasted macadamias
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 250 g cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 4 green shallots finely sliced
- 1/2 bunch Vietnamese mint
- steamed rice to serve
Put chicken, cornflour and wine in a large bowl and stir to combine. Place into the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large wok over a high heat. Stir-fry one-third of the chicken for 2-3 minutes or until meat is browned. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with oil and remaining chicken, reheating the wok in between batches. Set aside.
Heat remaining oil in the wok and add onion, garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 2 minutes or until onion begins to brown. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes. Return chicken to wok and stir in macadamias, soy and lime juice and cook until sauce is thickened, then stir in tomatoes, shallots and mint. Serve with rice.
Calories: 511kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 40gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 988mgPotassium: 1074mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 556IUVitamin C: 22mgCalcium: 64mgIron: 3mg