Green papaw and macadamia salad
Enjoy this authentic dish, full of flavour with a white wine tonight.
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 2 small red chillies sliced
- 1/2 red onion peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp dried shrimp soaked in warm water for 10 minutes, drained
- 2 tbsp Thai palm sugar grated
- 200 g cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp macadamia oil
- 1 medium green pawpaw or ½ large green pawpaw, seeds removed and grated
- 200 g green beans blanched and sliced
- 2 cups wild rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves torn
- 1 cup raw macadamias roasted and roughly chopped
- 1 lime cut into wedges
To make the dressing, pound garlic, chillies and onion in a mortar to make a paste. Add the drained shrimp and palm sugar and lightly bruise then add the tomatoes, fish sauce, lime-juice and macadamia oil, pound and bruise to release the juices from the tomatoes to make your dressing, it should taste hot, sweet, sour and salty.
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Pile onto a serving plate and serve.
Serving suggestion: delicious with barbecued prawns.
Calories: 251kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 8gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 666mgPotassium: 389mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1007IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 92mgIron: 2mg