Easy macadamia-crusted fish with sweet potato chips
Adding a macadamia crumb to your fish will instantly boost the nutritional value and flavour of the meal. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be hard! With just 6 ingredients and a couple of minutes, you can create a seriously delicious tasting crumb that will turn an everyday meal into something special. Make this dish for a healthy midweek meal or impress your friends and family with it at your next get together.
- 1 sweet potato washed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil we used garlic infused
- 1/2 cup macadamias finely chopped
- 3 tbsp parsley finely chopped
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 pieces salmon or fish of choice
- Pinch salt
For the chips, if using an oven, preheat to 180°C. Cut the sweet potato into french fry sized pieces and toss in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Place the sweet potato fries into the air fryer on 180°C (or on a baking tray if cooking in the oven). Cook for 7 minutes in the air fryer, or 15 minutes in the oven.
For the macadamia crumb, combine the macadamias with the parsley, zest from the lemon, juice from half the lemon, remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the pinch of salt.
For the fish, place the macadamia crumb on top of the fish pieces. If cooking with the air fryer, reduce the temperature to 160°C and add the fish to the chips in the air fryer. If baking in the oven add the fish to the chips on the baking tray. Cook for 10 minutes in the air fryer or 12 minutes in the oven - or until cooked to your liking.
- Try to pick fish pieces that are an even thickness all over
- Add a pinch of chilli flakes to the crust if you like things spicy!
- You can find garlic infused extra virgin olive oil in any good supermarket but if you don't have it on hand, simply swap for normal extra virgin olive oil and add 1 crushed clove of garlic
- There’s no need to peel the sweet potato! The skin will provide extra fibre and goodness.
Calories: 481kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 5gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 69mgPotassium: 617mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 16549IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 3mg