1. Pre-heat oven to 175’C.
2. In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, tapioca flour, coconut sugar, cacao and baking powder.
3. In a seperate bowl whisk eggs and add milk, oil and vanilla.
4. Add wet mixture to dry mixture and combine.
5. Stir through chopped macadamias nuts.
6. Pour into a lined/ greased round cake tin. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
7. Allow to cool.
8. Meanwhile, take out can of coconut milk from fridge. Scoop out solids that have risen to the top
(reserve liquid for another use). In a mixing bowl whip coconut cream solids with macadamia nut butter and maple syrup using electric beaters until thickened. Store in fridge to further thicken and until cake is cooled.
9. Once cake is cooled, slice horizontally into two or three layers.
10. Spread cream in between layers with slices of strawberry, saving some frosting for the top.
11. Top with fresh strawberries and chopped macadamia nuts.
If you have a sweet tooth, add up to 1/4 extra coconut sugar to cake recipe or additional maple syrup to the cream.