1. Spread about 250g of raw macadamia onto a baking tray
2. Place into oven preheated at 200'C
3. Roast macadamias for about 8 minutes or until they turn a nice golden colour, shaking the tray every 2 minutes or so
4. Remove from oven and off the hot tray to keep from further cooking
5. While still warn toss through your favourite spice mix
6. Enjoy roasted macadamias as a snack, appetiser or to top your favourite salad
TIP: Sprinkle with some flavouring to add a bit of spice. Try paprika, lemon-pepper, cayenne, chilli powder or experiment with your personal favourite.
Macadamias are available all year round but because they contain a high level of oil they must be stored carefully to minimise exposure to oxygen and moisture. If available, vacuum-packed macadamias are the best choice. Alternatively, look for macadamias that are plump, crunchy and light-coloured. Refrigerate unopened nuts in an air-tight container for up to 6 months or freeze for up to 12 months. Once opened, store macadamias in an airtight jar, refrigerate and use within 2 months.